Monday, March 19, 2012

This Sunday Morning

I'm still tired but easily wake-up and make my way downstairs, two dogs anxiously in tow. They are ready to see the sun, as am I.  It's a little foggy, but the sun is slowing burning the fog away. It's going to be a great day. I slowly make my way to the kitchen to find a hot cup of coffee waiting for me on the table. Just as I finished, my six year old begs for a bicycle ride. I agree. Together we go outside. The fog is still thick, so thick it feels as if it were lightly raining. We ride anyway.

On my newly repaired bicycle, I think back. It was three years ago I was last on this bike riding along the beach were the Gulf meets the Atlantic. For just a moment, I was back home. And on this Sunday, that's where I'll stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment